Is breeding overrated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got sick of the parents making all my other fish cower in the corner so suprized fire mouths could intimidate a jag. I removed the parents and the tank is getting back to normal. Most if one batch of fry became feeders. I can't bring my self to make my 4 month old fry feeders. I have invested to much time into them. Now I am looking to get rid of the parents I have pics of them in the classified section.

I got sick of the parents making all my other fish cower in the corner so suprized fire mouths could intimidate a jag. I removed the parents and the tank is getting back to normal. Most if one batch of fry became feeders. I can't bring my self to make my 4 month old fry feeders. I have invested to much time into them. Now I am looking to get rid of the parents I have pics of them in the classified section.

I don't know what the classified section is I want to see pics! I could never let my fry get eaten on purpose. I always remove them but I can't anymore!! Out of space!

I raised a batch of 25-30 yellow lab fry. It was cool I'm glad I had the experience of doing it, but I will never do it again. Way too much work and I don't have the time to do day water changes and 4-6 feeding a a day. Now, if they breed in the tank I just let nature do it's course. Some live, most don't. But if you have the time and the willingness to do it, go for it. It's amazing to see the little dots grow into fish

I raised a batch of 25-30 yellow lab fry. It was cool I'm glad I had the experience of doing it, but I will never do it again. Way too much work and I don't have the time to do day water changes and 4-6 feeding a a day. Now, if they breed in the tank I just let nature do it's course. Some live, most don't. But if you have the time and the willingness to do it, go for it. It's amazing to see the little dots grow into fish

I didnt do daily water changes with my fry!!! I was never told to.... No time for that either! Mine lived fine without water changes! I was afraid to change water the first month i was afraid they would get sucked up.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390171270.767613.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390171304.942370.jpg

Here are some pics. Classified section is the forsale section on this site. I don't like the idea of letting the babies get eaten but if I didn't my house would be filled with firemouths in 6 months. If I was single it would be different but I have a wife and 3 little ones. Actually my little ones are attached to my first batch they are all over an inch long now.

Agree with the person with the yellow labs it is to much work and you get over run quick.

View attachment 217555View attachment 217556

Here are some pics. Classified section is the forsale section on this site. I don't like the idea of letting the babies get eaten but if I didn't my house would be filled with firemouths in 6 months. If I was single it would be different but I have a wife and 3 little ones. Actually my little ones are attached to my first batch they are all over an inch long now.

Agree with the person with the yellow labs it is to much work and you get over run quick.

Oh I remember those days! How fun are baby fry! My first batch of jacks are a few inches long now. I was very attached, they are all grown And rehomed now.

Here are some pics. Classified section is the forsale section on this site. I don't like the idea of letting the babies get eaten but if I didn't my house would be filled with firemouths in 6 months. If I was single it would be different but I have a wife and 3 little ones. Actually my little ones are attached to my first batch they are all over an inch long now. Agree with the person with the yellow labs it is to much work and you get over run quick.
When I get my cichlid tank going we'll talk!

Back
Top Bottom