Is it normal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow-dagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
My filter turns loud when I unplug it and it take like 2 mins even when I put water in it to help do need a new one because I have 2 golf fish 2 fancy guppies 2 Cory catfish 2 ghost shrimp 1 female betta and 1 snail

I'm sorry I don't quite understand. It might be the improper wording or the half gallon of coke I had at the movie theatre 10 minutes ago

Anyway what is your tank size? Also what do you mean about the filter? Your saying water still cycles after you unplug it?

Bobjoefredsky said:
I'm sorry I don't quite understand. It might be the improper wording or the half gallon of coke I had at the movie theatre 10 minutes ago

Anyway what is your tank size? Also what do you mean about the filter? Your saying water still cycles after you unplug it?

Yea for a long time even if I put some more water In it to help it a ten gallon

image-3551116964.jpg

Perfectly fine, likely just the noise it makes while it's trying to start the water flow

Mine does it al the time too, it's normal. All it's doing is trying to get water in the tubing again even if you put watering there before turning it on it will do it

Lexilove said:
Mine does it al the time too, it's normal. All it's doing is trying to get water in the tubing again even if you put watering there before turning it on it will do it

What do you feed your Eel? I have a Fire Eel but the only thing he eats are Ghost Shrimp. I've tried blood worms and earth worms. What does yours like?

PS: sorry for thread jacking I just really need help.

vanimal said:
What do you feed your Eel? I have a Fire Eel but the only thing he eats are Ghost Shrimp. I've tried blood worms and earth worms. What does yours like?

PS: sorry for thread jacking I just really need help.

I feed mine bloodworms, and new life spectrum sinking pellets. I have never seen him eat the pellets but as soon as I out them in he goes crazy so I guess he is eating them also since has grown 3"+ since I got him

Lexilove said:
I feed mine bloodworms, and new life spectrum sinking pellets. I have never seen him eat the pellets but as soon as I out them in he goes crazy so I guess he is eating them also since has grown 3"+ since I got him

Oh mine doesn't like Blood Worms. I guess I got a picky one. You should see if yours likes Earth Worms most love them.

I tried his mouth is stills little small but my frogs tore it to shreds it just wasn't fun having to scoop out remains in the morning

Lexilove said:
I tried his mouth is stills little small but my frogs tore it to shreds it just wasn't fun having to scoop out remains in the morning

I bet. My Blood Parrot loves worms.

Slow-dagger said:
My filter turns loud when I unplug it and it take like 2 mins even when I put water in it to help do need a new one because I have 2 golf fish 2 fancy guppies 2 Cory catfish 2 ghost shrimp 1 female betta and 1 snail

U should rehome the gold fish

Guggiboy123 said:
U should rehome the gold fish

U should not mix tropical fish with gold fish because the goldfish like cooler water and they are a " messy fish"

Guggiboy123 said:
U should not mix tropical fish with gold fish because the goldfish like cooler water and they are a " messy fish"

Wouldn't the Gold Fish get waaaaayy to big for a 10 gallon??

Back
Top Bottom