Is It Normal That My Koi Angel Will Lose Color For Short Periods Of Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It'll be all colorful, black&white for a long time, then I'll get up and walk around in my room (the tank is in my bedroom) and do stuff. And it'll lose all its color. Then when I've been in one place for awhile, it'll regain color. Or, sometime it'll randomly lose color, then regain it.

It's quite normal for fish to change colors. I see it mostly in my cichlids, especially the dominant male which can go from grey and light blue to black and bright blue in a matter of seconds. Its a defense mechanism for a lot of fish or can sometimes show that a fish is stressed.

It's quite normal for fish to change colors. I see it mostly in my cichlids, especially the dominant male which can go from grey and light blue to black and bright blue in a matter of seconds. Its a defense mechanism for a lot of fish or can sometimes show that a fish is stressed.

I agree. My angels used to do this sometimes. And when I had the lights on his eye would look like this:

ForumRunner_20130323_021316.jpg

and then after I turned the lights off it would look like this:

ForumRunner_20130323_021508.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130323_020943.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130323_020943.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom