Is It Possible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd run an submersible filter or one of those underwater pumps and then make the return come up through a log or something. You could have a cool log waterfall that way.

I'm not sure how you would work it but you could run a water pump from inside the tank to a tube at the top which runs water down the back. If the tank got a lot of light that might mean a very green wall at the back for you to scrub which with the allergies might be out of the question.

You could make a DIY styrofoam waterfall into a pond that empties into the tank via a second waterfall. Maybe you could add a sketch of how you see the levels fitting together so we could envision what you are seeing.

I had a plan to make something like this with a natural looking pond on a plywood and glass DIY tank. I was going to do a hidden filtration system inside one end that removed water lower down, filtered it all inside a box type sump and pumped the water into a pond at the top that emptied via a waterfall/s into the tank. Other plans came up though. I'll keep an eye on this to see how it goes.

Edit. Another option i just thought of would be to cut some PVC to run in sloping channels down the back of the tank that can empty into each lower section. Attach the channels to the rear window and make a nice water feature of it with plants growing out of the channels. that could provide cover for your frog at various levels while also looking good.

Great ideas guys! I may actually use both of your ideas hybridisized together! I was thinkjng a tiered water fall would be really cool! I would think I could rig something up with rock, gravel, plexiglass, and pvc. Maybe even some sand. I need suggestions on the pump. I was thinking I would havenone corner built up to be the "land" area and the rest water. If I used a pump with a flexible pipe I could run it up through the built up island of sorts.
Now I was also thinking if I make the land area mostly water fall and dont use any dirt or wood (only rock, gravel, and sand) then the mold issue would be very nearly eliminated correct? Does the frog require alot of dry land or would a small island that is 80% water fall with lots of live plants work?
If this isnt possible stop me now because I am getting excited! I just cant have mold and springtails are out of the question (they are really bad in our area. Our neighbors white garage door had so many on it it looked grey) I dont mind the isopods but I think they need wood dont they?

It should be more than possible. After posting my ideas i did a google search to see what i could find. This thread (linked below) has a really well implemented version of your idea which he (the creator) says is pretty much self sustaining. He keeps birds in a cage above the tank but i'm sure you could alter the design to fit your frogif you got mesh the frog couldn't squeeze through. Well worth a look as it may just be what you need for inspiration. The bird droppings were apparently snapped up as food by the fish with njo harm to the fish.

A planted tank thats possibly an industry first.

He doesn't go into detail about how he made his upper portion but it could give you some ideas.

It should be more than possible. After posting my ideas i did a google search to see what i could find. This thread (linked below) has a really well implemented version of your idea which he (the creator) says is pretty much self sustaining. He keeps birds in a cage above the tank but i'm sure you could alter the design to fit your frogif you got mesh the frog couldn't squeeze through. Well worth a look as it may just be what you need for inspiration. The bird droppings were apparently snapped up as food by the fish with njo harm to the fish.

A planted tank thats possibly an industry first.

He doesn't go into detail about how he made his upper portion but it could give you some ideas.

Thanks! I will be reading that Nd will get back to yall after I have some more thoughts gathered.

Back
Top Bottom