Is it possible that my Zebra Danios died inknowenly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magikalgirl79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Was out of town for 10 days but I found no dead fish in my 20g tank. Now that I've really looked at my fish I can't see my 2 zebra danios & possibly some black tetras. Has anyone had a fish die with no evidence?

Look under decorations just in case they're hiding or died under them. Also check inside your filters in case they died and got sucked up. You definitely want to find them as if they are dead they will foul up your water. I'd also do a 50% pwc ASAP and test your water with a test kit to see what's going on.

Depending on what other species are in the tank, it's possible for them to consume the carcass and there will not be a sign of the fish left.

- have a Marina Slim filter, so not it the filter, but yes I checked anyways
-looked under decorations already, nothing but my catfish lol
-water change done as soon as I got back because I used the chests to feed while I was away
-I do have 4 rosy barb & 3 Cichlids that could possibly have eaten the dead fish
-& the tank is covered so no possibility of them jumping out

Thanks for the ideas, any other suggestions? :)

Attachments

• image-729534452.jpg
    image-729534452.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 82
Magikalgirl79 said:
-water change done as soon as I got back because I used the chests to feed while I was away
-I do have 4 rosy barb & 3 Cichlids that could possibly have eaten the dead fish

I see u have barbs.. If I did die in the tank I don't think they would have left much.

Magikalgirl79 said:

I agree with you, I think that even the cichilds could possible have eaten the fish...good point

Back
Top Bottom