Is it true that a planted tank allows for more bioload?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, you could it as long as there is lots of cover and keep up with the pwc. However, I have never owned a keyhole.
Angels can be territorial, but their temperaments are highly variable. It will be less territorial since it won't have any angels to bicker with. They mostly care about their own kind. Also, angels and rams do fine because the rams stick to the bottom and the angels to do not.

I actually found this site. Shipping is free but it takes about 5-9 days to ship. They don'y have the best selection but nice plants. So i can buy A LOT more plants now.

Aquarium plants - aquatic plants - Java moss
Just a note here that by heavily planting you tank, it just doesn't stop with planting the plants...you have to consider your plants, your lighting, and how you plan on taking care of them....it is almost another hobby.

Just a note here that by heavily planting you tank, it just doesn't stop with planting the plants...you have to consider your plants, your lighting, and how you plan on taking care of them....it is almost another hobby.

Ordered my T5Ho fixture already and flourish excel. I made another thread in the planted tank section regarding the plants.

Here are the plants i plan on having in my 35G:

-Dwarf hairgrass (hoping for it to grow into a ''carpet'')
-shinnersia rivularis ''weiss-grun''
-lysimachia nummuaria var. aurea ''golden''
-giant bacopa (already have)
-rather large cabomba (already have)

I'm making a trip to my lfs tomorrow and i'll likely get only one keyhole and i'm going to look around for plants. I'm basically going to add another plant or two apart from the list i already have. I'll be looking for mid-forground plants.

Well i came back from my my LFS with 1 keyhole, 1 angel, 1 bolivian ram and 1 chocolate gourami. The choco gourami was more of an impulse buy. I was going to get a flame gourami but i couldn't resist the choco. Only problem is they like a ph of around 6. Mines around 7. I'll be acclimating him for about 3 hours and hopefully he'll be ok.

I also got these 3 plants but i need help identifying them. I'll get pics up in a second.

Here are the photos

Attachments

• image-2772416384.jpg
    image-2772416384.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3793863930.jpg
    image-3793863930.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 74
Kinda hard o tell, but my guess is the third plant is hornwort or water wisteria, IDK because the one time I got water wisteria from the LFS that TOLD me it was wisteria I looked it up and it was a pic of hornwort, so I'm not sure.

I think the second plant is aponogeton crispus and the second is alternanthera. I was looking at some pics and the third does indeed look like wisteria. I still need a confirmation on the other 2 though.

i'm pretty sure i figured it out. They are alternanthera, wisteria and aponogeton crispus.

Red plants are a pain in the butt. I'm not sure about the one you have there but most of them require special care, good lighting and nutrients. I have 3 watts per gallon and my red cabomba are falling apart.

I have the proper nutrients and the plant i have is rated for medium light which is what i have. I'm still waiting on my fixture though but i'm expecting it on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom