Is it wrong to want ANOTHER tank already???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
within weeks of getting my first 10 gallon aquarium kit from a friend for my birthday, i had 8 tanks.

8. in a 1 bedroom apartment.

I am down to 3 now, a 55g FW planted with angels, a 30 gal with a pair of aggro Mbuna cichlids, and a 5 gal nano SW.

It is a sickness.

Could you put the tank in the center of the island, maybe extending two of the sides by 6" each - then you could have the worksurface on one side of the tank and the breakfast bar on the other. Put wholes into the countertop to fit the hoses and wires through and use a canister filter inside the base of the island :)

WHOA ............ now you've got me thinking too !!! I have a great big long counter open to a breakfast bar on the other side - my husband wants to redo the kitchen - I don't. I want a 6 ft tank - my husband doesn't. I smell a "compromise" in the works LOL

(yes, MTS is a disease - but its safe and keeps us off the streets ROFL)

We have a large open plan kitchen attached to large open dining/lounge and there was one area which was always just cluttered with junk as there was too much counter space. So we stuck a 4 foot aquarium there... much nicer :)

happygirl65 said:
My current one is a 55 also. I just dont think my small house can handle a larger tank right now. I do wish to have a 6 ft tank somewhere but will have to add more on to the house to accomodate it.

Any creative solutions?

Get one of those double stands. A lot of the double stands are metal but a 48"X18" metal stand could hold a 75 on the top and your 55 on the bottom. I'm not sure if there is a wooden stand version of these:

http://www.all-glass.com/products/stands/index.html

I'm sure your floor can handle the weight and it only takes up a slightly larger foot print that your current setup. Another bonus is that most of these metal stands are relatively inexpensive.

Our floors can handle anything, it is all cement pad. :) The stand in the living room is a built in and finished drywall etc. and trimmed out with the rest of the room, looks really nice. My husband built the entire house with his own hands. I am really lucky. If I can dream it up...and then convince him...he will build it for me.

The island for example will have power to it under the floor and on the work surface. I dont think I can convince him to build in a tank, although it would be super cool. :) If I could have him do all the plumbing and everything since he is already cutting a trench for electrical conduit :) It is a lot to ask though. I think I might be able to manage another 55 on top of a custom buffet in the dining room??? Wouldnt be as easy on the maintenance, but I could have room there. :)

Bigger is better!!! Need i say more... :D
I went from 1 tank to 12 in 12 months. :roll: i'm down to 8 tanks now after moving twice in 3 yrs but i have twice the water as before with 12 tanks. work that out.... 8O

I bet that is awesome trotty. :) I have always wanted a tank that spans an entire wall. And I am thinking of building it into my master bedroom plans but that room will not be ground floor. And I think I would like to see it more in the main part of the house. I would love to have a writing studio/library with an 8 ft tank....then I could finally get that bgk I have been wanting and maybe even graduate to discus. :)

I used to dream of a fishtank seperating the living and dining room, but it didn't work out that way. If we ever build another house perhaps :) Right after I win my first million on the lotto...lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom