Is LFS water bad for the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nnacho528

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just put my new danios in the tank, with the store water, but now its a little cloudy, is this bad? Do you guys have any tips for clearing up water?

I personally don't put in the store's water, and also advise people not too. I have heard the "It's not like we dry off and sanitize our fish before putting them in." But I still don't do it. I don't really know what to do about the water. Just run your filter for a while and it should clear up.

How fast did it get cloudy? The main issue with dumping the store water in is usually pathogens, but I think KonvictKeeper has heard me before because those are pretty much my opinion word for word. We don't sterilize our fish when we net them into the tank. One possible issue though is ammonia. They release ammonia into the bag, something not needed in any tank.

What size tank is it?
How many fish did you add?
Was it just the danios?
Were there already fish in the tank?

It is a 20 gallon, yea it was just the 6 danios added, there were other fish in the tank. Thx so much and do u have any general tips for clearing up water?

Water changes.

Have you checked ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate lately?
How long has the tank been setup?
How many other fish are in there?
What is your current water change schedule?

Back
Top Bottom