Is my 20g tank ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celticfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi just joined the forum, I have had it for 6 weeks, the fish are all fine and healthy but I was wondering if they were ok together.

I have 2 bala sharks, 3 scissortail rasboras and 2 red platies with black tails.

The sharks and scissortails seem to be a bit scared of the platies as when feeding the platies tend to attack all the food and don't let the others eat until they are finished and they just seem to act like they own the tank. Will the other more peaceful fish be scared of them?

The bala sharks will get huge in very little time and eat the other tank mates. Bala sharks need at least 75 gal tank per shark. They grow to over a foot.

your 2 balas will outgrow your 20gal . if you leave them in the smaller tank there growth will be stunted and thats not the best for there longevity. they will be ok in there for a while, but its not true that you have to have 75gal each. they are very fast swimmers so a longer tank is the best for them.

as far as ur stock being compatible im not real sure, iv never seen, or had results that my balas attaked any other fish in my tank(i now have larger tankmates with them)

What i3k said.

Welcome to AA! :)

Back
Top Bottom