Is my 29g overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fern

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm still new :)
So basically I have a 29g tank, it does have a filter, heater, and light but I'm not sure sure what models/brand they are, as they're hand-me-downs from my dad who's a fish guy. I am going to be getting a better heater and filter in the next couple days though. The tank is about 50% planted and fully cycled (but I'm not sure of the water parameters.)

Right now it has 4 albino corydoras, 4 false julii corydoras, 6 harlequin rasboras, and 1 betta.
No worries about the betta being aggressive at all! He likes to hang out with the cories, sometimes he'll swim to the bottom to look for food with them.

Alright, I'm pretty sure it's not too crowded right now, and all the fish are in great health. I would ideally like to add 5 Pygmy cories, but would that be too many bottom dwellers? If the cories don't work, would a couple more rasboras be okay?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm still new :)
So basically I have a 29g tank, it does have a filter, heater, and light but I'm not sure sure what models/brand they are, as they're hand-me-downs from my dad who's a fish guy. I am going to be getting a better heater and filter in the next couple days though. The tank is about 50% planted and fully cycled (but I'm not sure of the water parameters.)

Right now it has 4 albino corydoras, 4 false julii corydoras, 6 harlequin rasboras, and 1 betta.
No worries about the betta being aggressive at all! He likes to hang out with the cories, sometimes he'll swim to the bottom to look for food with them.

Alright, I'm pretty sure it's not too crowded right now, and all the fish are in great health. I would ideally like to add 5 Pygmy cories, but would that be too many bottom dwellers? If the cories don't work, would a couple more rasboras be okay?
Thanks!

Welcome to AA!
When you get a new filter, transfer all the old media to the new one so you don't have to re-cycle your tank.

As long as you have enough space in the front, I don't see a problem with adding more cories. I'd get 8-10 of the Pygmy cories as they're very social and swim a lot more than other Corydoras. More Rasboras would work well, you could even add another school of Tetras, or smaller Rasboras.

Just don't add too many fish at once, as not to overwhelm the cycle.

Thanks!! I'm thinking I'll add 6 Pygmy cories and 2 more rasboras in the near future :)

Back
Top Bottom