Is my bichir stressed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mizzy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello

i've purchased 2 bichirs today and one of them is frequently trying to get out. I know bichirs are great escape artists but seeing him(i presume its a male) trying to escape once every few minutes is making me worry about his safety.

I'm currently using a 42cmx 30cmx 30cm tank as a temporary housing as these guys r around 2 inches long.i've put 2 plants,attached to logs at the background and a log like ornament for them to hide.

Hope you guys can give me some tips thanks! =P

Hello

i've purchased 2 bichirs today and one of them is frequently trying to get out. I know bichirs are great escape artists but seeing him(i presume its a male) trying to escape once every few minutes is making me worry about his safety.

I'm currently using a 42cmx 30cmx 30cm tank as a temporary housing as these guys r around 2 inches long.i've put 2 plants,attached to logs at the background and a log like ornament for them to hide.

Hope you guys can give me some tips thanks! =P

They probally are stressed from the move to your tank.....It may take a few days for them to settle if the water conditions are good.....Be sure to securely cover the top.

Alright thanks man. i'll observe them for a few days, hopefully all will be fine

Back
Top Bottom