Is my fish sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NEVERLAND

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a silver molly and every now and then. Actually multiple times in an hour i see her doing something weird.

Basically i see her face up. Like she makes her body up and down straight like a line. Head skyward and tail to the bottom of the tank. And then if you look closely she starts to twitch. It starts at her head then there is a really violent twitch of her tail and she seems to go back to normal.

Is my fish sick or is it just a weird fish?

I have a silver molly and every now and then. Actually multiple times in an hour i see her doing something weird.

Basically i see her face up. Like she makes her body up and down straight like a line. Head skyward and tail to the bottom of the tank. And then if you look closely she starts to twitch. It starts at her head then there is a really violent twitch of her tail and she seems to go back to normal.

Is my fish sick or is it just a weird fish?

One of my black skirt tetras does her same thing. He's been doing it for months now so in following.

Are there any other mollies in the tank (male/female)? Could be breeding behaviour.

bump because im still wondering whats wrong with my fish

So the shaking could be mating behaviour. I would up the frequency of water changes, vacuum substrate, and keep observing.

Back
Top Bottom