Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-21-2003, 08:06 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

is my gourami lonely

my pearl gourami 's mate sadly died about 2 months ago,he seemed withdrawn for a while but my lfs suggested leaving a mat e for a while . he's male by the way,i got a pair of silver sailfin mollies and that cheered him up. at least he regained some of his red bellie, so now i'mthinking of moving him to my bigger tank in a week or so ,and getting him a female pearl gourami friend . not too sure wether i need to look for a small female or one around his size...he is 2 and a half years old and quite gloriouscolours when he's got afriend around. any thoughts on this jackie

Old 05-21-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Although I'm not up to date on Gourami breeding habits, I know that the male often treats the female a little roughly when breeding. I'd probably pay a little more and get a female that was his size or maybe even a little larger.

Old 05-21-2003, 09:07 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I agree with LoganJ. Gourami are rough during mating. Try and get the bigest female you can.

125gal Reef
55gal sump
AquaC EV-120 Skimmer
Arctica 1/4hp Chiller
3 x 250W MH 10K and 2 x 165W VHO Actinics
mulron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:40 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

i hadn't actually had any thoughts about breeding .. its just that he always seemed much happier with afemale friend .... anyway who knows what might happen as long as he is happy.. thanks for advice will look for a good size gourami to put with him jackie

Tags
gourami

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com