is my puffer ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BfishLpond78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just did my normal PWC and rinced off the fake plants cause they had alot of brown algae on them due to my light being poor. Getting a new one this week. And now hes all puffed up. Water params are perfect. This the first time ive seen him like this...

Heres a picture

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110802_201330.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110802_201330.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 169
Thats odd ive changed the water the same way everytime. He loves when i stick my hand in and rearrange stuff. He even sits under the stream of water as i pour it in. Lol. His belly is ghost white so i guess he'll be ok

Thats odd ive changed the water the same way everytime. He loves when i stick my hand in and rearrange stuff. He even sits under the stream of water as i pour it in. Lol. His belly is ghost white so i guess he'll be ok

There is always a chance you made one wrong tiny move and he could of got scared, and their automatic reaction to very stressful situations is to puff up like that. It's not typical that the dwarf puffers do it as often, which is probably why it's the first time you've seen it.

Hope that helped and gave you some reinsurance,
Ben

But hes not a dwarf...hes a GSP...LOL bad picture on my part

Oh ok...well i guess there is a first time for everything and only time will tell...thanks for the quick responses.

That pic does not look like he is puffed up. It just looks very full.
Maybe that shot was taken during his deflating process. Or even worse, your puffer may have some kind of internal parasite.

He's all back to normal now i guess you were right...might have spooked him

Back
Top Bottom