Is my snail dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow-dagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a golden mystery snail I got 2 but the next day one of them it still in it shell and my other one is with my old snail...the snail was flipped over and I helped him up but he is floating not on top of the water but his backside is up he seems light

image-292466728.jpg

He's been like that sense yesterday

If you take him out and touch his flap thingy and it moves, he's still alive.

Also, when snails die, you know. THEY STINK!!!!
I had a mystery snail that used to float on the top for days and he was fine.

Try taking him out and touching his flap... That will let you know!

JerseyGirl1385 said:
If you take him out and touch his flap thingy and it moves, he's still alive.

Also, when snails die, you know. THEY STINK!!!!
I had a mystery snail that used to float on the top for days and he was fine.

Try taking him out and touching his flap... That will let you know!

He's deeead :( besides his flap has been inside him when I brought him home

image-2234227836.jpg

Idk

Good!

Make sure when you pick snails you pick the most active ones. You can hand pick you're fish and livestock. They might not be happy about it but oh, well.

Do you have any other LFS in your area?

JerseyGirl1385 said:
Good!

Make sure when you pick snails you pick the most active ones. You can hand pick you're fish and livestock. They might not be happy about it but oh, well.

Do you have any other LFS in your area?

Lfs? What does that mean..ill give the snail one more day to make sure

Floating snail does not equal dead snail, it equals air in the shell which will go away after a few days normally.

99% of the time if your snail is in the shell it's alive, dead snails are released from their shell.

I know as I thought mine was dead, threw it in a bin and after researching more put it back, waited a few days and it was fine.

LFS is local fish store...
Do you have any other places other than Petco/Pet Smart that supply fish?

Cynic said:
Floating snail does not equal dead snail, it equals air in the shell which will go away after a few days normally.

99% of the time if your snail is in the shell it's alive, dead snails are released from their shell.

I know as I thought mine was dead, threw it in a bin and after researching more put it back, waited a few days and it was fine.

Oh thanx I looked at it again it does have trapped air in it shel hes moving very slow but his shell is pointing up so he's okay

JerseyGirl1385 said:
LFS is local fish store...
Do you have any other places other than Petco/Pet Smart that supply fish?

Yea some place called petnutz it's a small pet store but has tons of selections

Maybe you ought to give them a try. All of my fish now are from another place. They seem to get healthier fish and livestock.

I'm not completely knocking petsmart/Petco, but from my personal experience, all of my fish from there died and/or had ICH.

Back
Top Bottom