is my tank leveled enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulcm10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just curious to know what u guys think about this.

is my tank leveled enough that it won't fail?
I had already put shims underneath the stand but thats as good as the shims can get them to.
if you know another way to fix that without having to break my tank down then let me know. i would really appreciate it! :)

also keep in mind this is a 20g high tank!

Attachments

• IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 67
what size tank is it? I've had several tanks off just a little bit and never bother to level them unless they are really big tanks or if the water line is noticeably slanted in the tank.

You're fine, lol. As long as the stand won't break under more pressure on one side. My 10 gallon is unlevel twice as much as that, but the stand is solid wood so no worries.

its a 20g high on a stand that is supposed to be for a 29g but its a particle stand... or composite whatever u wanna call it. haha

The problem isn't that it will break the problem is that there is more pressure in one section than any other which, with time, will cause the seals the leak I have read horror stories of smaller tanks starting to leak as little as a year after setup that were only 1/4 inch off level so I would try to level it as much as possible to prevent possible future leaks.

yah i was thinking that too. i just don't know how else to level it cause the shims only levels it up that much.

Back
Top Bottom