Is my tank overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kab2409

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
37 gallon tank
1 dwarf gourami
2 platies
2 mollies
3 tetra glowfish, plan to add 3 more
2 Cory cats, plan to add 3 more
1 guppy, plan to add 2 or 3 more
Also want to get a few Otto cats

If I add the fish as listed above, will I be overstocked?? I do water changes every Saturday and don't over feed.

have you tried aqadvisor.com,i use it just to have an idea,that's what someone recomended to me...hope it helps..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

have you tried aqadvisor.com,i use it just to have an idea,that's what someone recomended to me...hope it helps..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Aqadviser I feel is often very misleading. With my 220g it said I was like 200% over stocked and I dont see how thats even possible with my stock list. I honestly dont think you can really "overstock" a tank. I mean of course you can but for the most part you just need to increase the % of water changes done each week to insure your nitrates are managed.

Yea I agree with clever bs. I tried aquaadvisor and it said 67% stocked that I need to add more Cory cats. Then I had to redo it because I realized I left the guppy out and it said overstocked so I definitely don't think it works. Ill probably add what I said and call it quits after that. Not sure about Otto cats. What do u think about adding a few with everything else I have?

Sent from my XT1019 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What do u normally feed otos? The wafers like I feed the Cory cats?

What do u normally feed otos? The wafers like I feed the Cory cats?

They mainly eat the biofilm and other things that are not present in a new tank. I would wait a month or so after you have added all the other fish before you add them.

Caleb

Alright thanks. Ill probably wait another month to add them

Back
Top Bottom