Is there a "better" water conditioner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How the heck do you guys measure it out if it's in such a large bottle? You'd pour a cup every time it would seem.

I didn't know they had a 5 gal bucket of Prime. Hmmmm, may have to be on the lookout for that. :) j/k

We buy the 2 L bottles. I use a baby medicine syringe to get an exact dosage. We have a shot glass that is used ONLY for Prime. We pour Prime in it, then use the syringe to get the exact amount, then empty the glass back into the bottle.

theotheragentm said:
How the heck do you guys measure it out if it's in such a large bottle? You'd pour a cup every time it would seem.

Oral syringe or any kind of syringe really.

Normal airline fits right on the end quite nicely. :wink: Just suck up what you need, disconnect the airline tubing, and you're set. Just make sure when you take the tubing off it is OVER the container of Prime. :lol: I use this same method with my Excel.

For my water conditioner I use Wardley's brand. Bought the bottle for $1 and it seems to work. My RCS don't complain. Plus I let the water sit overnight just to make double sure.

For the money, no one beats the TopFin Tap Water Dechlorinator. Same as Prime, 1 ml treats ten gallons (equals 2 drops/gal). But it is much cheaper than Prime. I bought at Petsmart web site at $3.49 for 8 fl oz.

Back
Top Bottom