Is there a fish for my sister?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AquaKai said:
Another option, I was looking around online and saw these and looked at a few pages that had contradicting tank sizes. I was wondering if they'd fit in the 12 gallon? Apistogramma cacatuoides “double red" or "triple red"

Erm... No. Lol... 29 gallon minimum I'm afraid.

Too bad for her... She's so stubborn on some things... I'll try the killifish again or maybe something else:)

AquaKai said:
Too bad for her... She's so stubborn on some things... I'll try the killifish again or maybe something else:)

Endlers!!! I promise, they're waaaay different then guppies! Lol.

Well that's what I was going to get for my 7.8 gallon that she was going to get then and I was going to have a lovely south American setup but she just claimed the 12 gallon because I got a 55 gallon which I may or may not use depending on if I want a box turtle or fish... Parents are annoying like that, yet you still have to love then!

AquaKai said:
Well that's what I was going to get for my 7.8 gallon that she was going to get then and I was going to have a lovely south American setup but she just claimed the 12 gallon because I got a 55 gallon which I may or may not use depending on if I want a box turtle or fish... Parents are annoying like that, yet you still have to love then!

So... What? Lol. I'm confused!

I have a 7.8 gallon which will get Endler's once I get some money and relocate my betta to it's final home in his 5.5 gallon tank which the 7.8 gallon tank will go to my sister
I also have a 12 gallon tank that I was going to set up with a south American boitope but then my sister took it:(
I got a 55 gallon off craigslist and was going to do an Asian biotope (but with a few cories) but I may not be able to do that because my sister and father want a box turtle and I have to give up my aquarium space for the turtle setup
In other words I had a lot of aquariums and lost then all to my sister:'(

AquaKai said:
I have a 7.8 gallon which will get Endler's once I get some money and relocate my betta to it's final home in his 5.5 gallon tank which the 7.8 gallon tank will go to my sister
I also have a 12 gallon tank that I was going to set up with a south American boitope but then my sister took it:(
I got a 55 gallon off craigslist and was going to do an Asian biotope (but with a few cories) but I may not be able to do that because my sister and father want a box turtle and I have to give up my aquarium space for the turtle setup
In other words I had a lot of aquariums and lost then all to my sister:'(

Oooh, well that stinks! You should take the 5.5 back and use it as a "QT" lol. I get it now. Killifish could work definitely.

I'm going to try! By any chance will the Endler's and betta get along in the 7.8 tank if I only get like 3? And I'm pretty sure that we'll get killifish because they are liked now by every one in the house:) ahaha the awesome powers of AA!

AquaKai said:
I'm going to try! By any chance will the Endler's and betta get along in the 7.8 tank if I only get like 3? And I'm pretty sure that we'll get killifish because they are liked now by every one in the house:) ahaha the awesome powers of AA!

Cool! As for betta and endlers... It depends on the bettas temperament really. Add the endlers first and add him after they get settled for best results.

wait,so you payed for them but she gets them? that hardly seems fair, but it could work to your advantage if you revearse it,mwuahahahahaha

and i agree that the killis would be good in that tank

alLexX said:
wait,so you payed for them but she gets them? that hardly seems fair, but it could work to your advantage if you revearse it,mwuahahahahaha

and i agree that the killis would be good in that tank

Yeah, well I also have to take care of the tanks as well:(. Oh well I'm at least getting her into the hobby! So would killifish work or not in my 12 gal tank??

Yeah, well I also have to take care of the tanks as well:(. Oh well I'm at least getting her into the hobby! So would killifish work or not in my 12 gal tank??
i think so,but im not very knoledgeable on killis

AquaKai said:

Which kind of killifish?

Update! A wonderful and exciting update! I convinced my mom and sister to get a 30-40 gallon tank for her room and leave the 12 and 7.8 gallon tanks in my room:dance: she wants angelfish and mollies so we'll get them in her tank, but after her room is done so like another month or two:)

AquaKai said:
Update! A wonderful and exciting update! I convinced my mom and sister to get a 30-40 gallon tank for her room and leave the 12 and 7.8 gallon tanks in my room:dance: she wants angelfish and mollies so we'll get them in her tank, but after her room is done so like another month or two:)

I am glad you get to keep your tanks! What are you going to stock them with? ;)

I have my betta in the 8 gallon tank and soon with peppered corydoras 4 of them! Just got them today! The betta will be going to my 5 gallon after it is cycled. As for the 12 gallon I'm going to do a south America thing:)

bruinsbro1997 said:
Nice! Update for me as well-I am returning a twenty gallon and getting a 55! :D Happy to hear it went your way though. :)

That's awesome! Have fun with the 55 gallon. I love mine (even if it is just sitting there empty).

Back
Top Bottom