Is There a Fish You'll Always Own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GouramiFanatic said:
Just out of curiosity, is there a fish that you feel so strongly about that you'll always have at least one of?

- Mandy

6 years ago, when I first started my 65G, I bought a school of Pristella tetras to cycle the tank. Now, I've restarted, and bought a 37G, and again, I've bought the Pristellas. I don't know what LFS experts are saying that they are not hardy, but so far I've proved them wrong twice. I like the Pristellas for some unknown reason, and as long as I keep a community tank, I'll definitely keep a school of minimum 6. I also have to have a Pl*co. Those are basically my two "must-haves" for a community tank.

I will also always have angelfish and now I will always keep cichlids as well. Mind you I love my mollies and my loaches, both the clowns and yoyo's too. :lol:

Emerald cories, bettas,and my skirted tetras I <3 dearly.
Oh! And i loved my ADF(( Not a fish though I know ))

Gotta have my gouramis! :) I especially like Trichogaster leeri (pearl), Trichogaster trichopterus (blue), and Colisa fasciata (banded). I also absolutely love my pictus cats but they must be kept in large tanks so I'll only have them in my 75, unless I get a larger tank. :D Yeah, I guess I tend to like fish with long feelers. :p

I will always own a mixed tri-color catfish shark. They are sleek and Fast grow to a nice 6-8 inches long and make a nice addition to a community tank. That is until you go on vacation for a week and come back and see that half your fish are gone cause he has eat'n them. hahaha

Bettas ... and pygmy cories... ohh and a small pleco.. i love my clouds and rainbows but the others anser to their names and do tricks...lol

Lots of interesting answers! Although, I must admit that I haven't heard of many of the mentioned fish. :oops: I guess it'll give me a nice homework assignment to learn more! :)

- Mandy

My all time favorite fishes are Cardinal Tetras, Dwarf Gouramis, Dragon Gobys and Peppered Corydoras.
I have several tanks and one day they will all inhabit each of them.
I have always been a huge fan of neon/cardinal tetras since I was small (they used to have a tropical fish tank in our local natwest bank and I would watch the tetras. I used to love it when my mother took me there, I never wanted to leave I wouldve been quite content watching the fish all day...) and have found that Corydoras, Gouramis and Gobys have now found thier way into my heart.
I will definetly always own these species of fish. :D

Back
Top Bottom