Is There a Fish You'll Always Own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got to thinking last night how much I really like my Gouramis. They have such great personalities, they have beautiful colors, and they're a lot of fun to watch. That plus the fact that they are peaceful for the most part and make great community fish. I just adore them! I think I'll always have some Dwarf Gouramis... I just love them! :D

Just out of curiosity, is there a fish that you feel so strongly about that you'll always have at least one of?

- Mandy

I love severums! They are so beautiful and have such a great "pet" personality. I also love corys and couldn't imagine a community tank without the little guys.

Attachments

• severumforweb.jpg
    severumforweb.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 78
  • albinocorydorasforweb.jpg
    albinocorydorasforweb.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 62
for a community tank...puntius denisonii and plecos, lots and lots of plecos!!!

I think your opinion is a tad biased Gouramifanatic :wink:

I know I will always have pleco's, German Blues and of course...my Angels. I'll probably have my skirted tetras too since nothing has been able to stop them from striving. :)

Aquarium Freak - I like Angles to, but when I was growing up my father had an aquarium and had a heck of a time trying to keep them! Not sure what he was doing wrong, but he had very bad luck! Kind of makes me nervous about getting any. :(

talloulou - I love Corys to. Mostly the Juliis. Severums are pretty. I haven't read or heard to much about them though. I don't even remember seeing that at any of my lfs!

crazycat - I LOVE Plecos myself!! If they stayed small (the ones that I mainly like get up to a foot or more!) I could have a tankful of these guys as well!! :)

- Mandy

Jchillin said:

I know I will always have pleco's, German Blues and of course...my Angels. I'll probably have my skirted tetras too since nothing has been able to stop them from striving. :)

Well of course my opinion on Gouramis is a little bit biased, but as you can see by my signature I have owned several species and this is by far my favorite.... yes, that was being sarcastic about the several species thing... :lol: I'm sure as time goes on, I'll grow to be very fond of other fish as well. :)

- Mandy

I also love my firemouths. This is my first experience with them and I have been keeping a very close eye as they have a tiny reputation for being trouble makers. But so far so good. Very pretty fish.

Attachments

• firemouthforweb.jpg
    firemouthforweb.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 69
  • firemoutheatingpeaforweb.jpg
    firemoutheatingpeaforweb.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 72
GouramiFanatic said:
Jchillin said:

Well of course my opinion on Gouramis is a little bit biased, but as you can see by my signature I have owned several species and this is by far my favorite.... yes, that was being sarcastic about the several species thing... :lol: I'm sure as time goes on, I'll grow to be very fond of other fish as well. :)

- Mandy

Not to mention your links...lol

I wanted gourami's for my 30 gal but the "one who must be obeyed" didn't. :(

Jchillin said:

:p The one who must be obeyed....if only I could get my hubby to refer to me with such sweet words!

talloulou said:
Jchillin said:

:p The one who must be obeyed....if only I could get my hubby to refer to me with such sweet words!

Good thing I don't have one of those....otherwise how could I have more water boxes than floor space? :lol:

i'm in love with my honey gouramis. even though i haven't had them long (only about a month now) i think they'll have to be a staple for any tank i get (until i get a cichlid tank)

I will always have oscars hopefully. I have two oscars right now Monite and Ciara!My babies!10" long they are not babies any more.

claire

It's not a fish - Caridina japonica (Amano Shrimp)!
I swear on these little fellows when it comes to cummunity tanks and a good cleaning troop :wink: !

They eat algae, leftover fish food, dead plant parts and everything else, that has to go. They are always active and if the aquarium is planted good, they won't be shy at all! Plus they don't try to eat your small fish like most Macrobrachium kinds do :lol: .

I am madly attached to my E. bicolor (red tailed shark). He is very graceful. (That is, until he realizes that in his attempt to lick both sides of the rock he has turned himself upsidedown, and he has to wiggle about quickly to right himself and restore his dignified appearance. :) )

(Welcome to AA Claire!)

the standard setup for me is:

white clouds or Danios (for the top dwellers)
gouramis or angels (tall tanks) (for the middle)
cories (for the bottom dwellers)
bristlenose or hillstream loach (for the algae cleaning)

centerpiece fish - I would choose bubble-eye goldfish OR ghost knife
these are my favourite

Back
Top Bottom