is there a remote solenoid valve for sinks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Felf

Aquarium Advice FINatic
everytime i do a PWC with my python, i have my little sister stand at the sink and control the water flow because it's in the bathroom which is 20 feet away; i couldnt possibly run back and forth fast enough without hosing down the carpet. with all that being said, i'm looking for an alternative like a solenoid valve with an actual remote that i can switch on or off at my leisure. has anyone seen one of these or know where i can get one that doesnt cost an arm and a leg?

Does the business end of your Python not stay in the tank while you are controling your water flow in and out?
Don't get me wrong...I'm all over "better living through gadgets," but that seems expensive.

I just leave the end of mine in the tank and go turn it off. It's never come out of the tank. And mine is a 75 foot python. I have to go clear to the other end of the house for my 55G. Never had any problems.

I use a clamp to make sure it stays in the tank when I have to go upstairs to adjust the water temp or turn it off.

A solenoid is binary -- full-on or full-off. Your sister has the advantage of being an analog flow controller. :)

Does the business end of your Python not stay in the tank while you are controling your water flow in and out?
Don't get me wrong...I'm all over "better living through gadgets," but that seems expensive.

yeah, that's a problem too. i need a clamp.

A solenoid is binary -- full-on or full-off. Your sister has the advantage of being an analog flow controller.

no kidding :p

Back
Top Bottom