Is there an electronic water monitor ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hydroponics controllers look to control conductivity and PH mostly.. CO2 and some other options are available on the big ones..

If you have a dosing schedule already why not use dosing pumps on timers? or dont those have built in digital timers.. I would look long and hard for the economical model though..
A drip feed like an IV bottle (they used them for calcium in SW tanks back when I was reading about them) could be a cheaper option.. If you would want to do the math.. HTH

Green, any on/off automation (pumps for auto pwc and/or dosing, lights, whatever) on a schedule is relatively easy and inexpensive once the hardware is in place, but controlling them by measurement allows not only automation, but full control, on demand reports, remote monitoring, and cooler toys.

Anyone here good at X-10 controller scripting? Port some code for an X-10 controller running a dosing pump and even the simple on/off stuff can work. If it was possilbe to combine that with an NO3/PO4 water column monitor and simplify that enough then anyone could keep a high-light, CO2 driven tank (using our software, of course :p ).

I've done X10 and would like to contribute to the WRRC when I get time and coin. Why port when we could use a device with a built-in web interface :D

travis simonson said:
...If it was possilbe to combine that with an NO3/PO4 water column monitor......

That is what Im having trouble finding I have never seen or heard of a NO3 or PO4 probe.. or how they could be made.. :?

WOW travis.. those look like it tests for everything but Phosphate.. guess they were not conserned about that one.. considering they look to be designed for SW..
so they are ion sensors.. P should be possible then.. :p

Yeah, after doing a little more looking, it sounds like phosphate/phosphorous detection is not something that anyone has designed a probe for yet. If it's out there, it is very elusive. I'd be happy with a nitrate probe and auto-doser. PO4 is fairly straightforward and, IMHO, hard to overdose as long as you stay under 2.0 ppm.

travis simonson said:
http://www.analyticon.com/analyticon/products/laboratory/images/wqc_24_medium_resolution_031226.pdf

The second one looks quite nice. It even has RS-232 and RJ-45 ports. I'll bet they're a bit pricey though.

Pricey is right...looks like at least $5K each.....and that probe is just sooo tiny:

Attachments

• wqc_bore_hole1.jpeg
    wqc_bore_hole1.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 137
Back
Top Bottom