Is there any fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer a honey gourami over a dwarf for a 10 gal. Slightly smaller and less susceptible to disease.

In my 10 gal I have:
5 harlequin rasbora (might add 1 more female, not sure)
1 honey gourami (male, of course)
2 red cherry shrimp (male and female pair)
and I plan to add
4 or 5 small corydoras, such as pandas or habrosus

Woah, well I plan to add 2 platy, a honey gourami (maybe) and 4 pandas. How often do you do water changes, and do they all get along well?

Woah, well I plan to add 2 platy, a honey gourami (maybe) and 4 pandas. How often do you do water changes, and do they all get along well?

I haven't added the corydoras yet (still waiting for lfs to get more), but everyone gets along great so far. I do about a 4 gal change once a week. Nitrates are at about 10 ppm when tested right before a water change, and drop to somewhere between 5 and 10 afterward. Keep in mind I have live plants.

Did you change your mind on the neon tetras? A 10 gal is small - if you want neons I would skip the platies to give the neons more space. If you're not adding any neons, I would suggest at least adding 1 more platy so you can have 1 male and 2 females. Having only 1 female - it might get tired of being chased around by the male. Also, you could probably add another panda cory (5 total), they like company.

I haven't added the corydoras yet (still waiting for lfs to get more), but everyone gets along great so far. I do about a 4 gal change once a week. Nitrates are at about 10 ppm when tested right before a water change, and drop to somewhere between 5 and 10 afterward. Keep in mind I have live plants.

Did you change your mind on the neon tetras? A 10 gal is small - if you want neons I would skip the platies to give the neons more space. If you're not adding any neons, I would suggest at least adding 1 more platy so you can have 1 male and 2 females. Having only 1 female - it might get tired of being chased around by the male. Also, you could probably add another panda cory (5 total), they like company.

Yeah I changed my mind on the neons. Okay, I will do that! I was already planning to add 5 panda cories anyway, so we're on the right page haha. I hope they don't mate though, I don't have equipment for fry right now..

Back
Top Bottom