is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would look on craigslist in your area before buying that. I have found deals that are cheaper than that for more gallons.

As for danios and bettas.. i would be wary danios are nippers they might go after the bettas fins

I will keep that in mind. I have been looking on craigslist but the selection where I live is rather small.

Glass Aquarium Kit: Tetra Water Wonders 16 Gallon Aquarium Kit

If so I want to ad as school of dainos and a school of neon tetras and maybe a betta or a snail. not sure

But that's what I want, and it will be planted will I need co2 i know I am going to need an air stone :)

It's an ok deal for a new setup. Not a great deal IMO.

If you keep danios, no betta. Neons and betta are a possibility. You can keep a snail if you want.

The kit comes with an 18W T8 normal output fluorescent. That's very low light for a 16 gallon and you will not need CO2. The flipside to that is that you are somewhat limited on plant options. Try anubias, java fern, java moss, crypts, and possibly vals. Air stones are not needed. In planted tanks with CO2, they are actually not a good idea. In a low light tank without CO2, you can use one if you want. Hope this helps.

That is very helpful :) I want it cus it is on sale but at the same time I am seeing some tanks on craigs list that I also like. I only want a low light tank with java moss and some other taller low light plants I plan on ordering some boarders that hold gravel up and then I am going to stick some driftwood in there.

Back
Top Bottom