Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not really that good of a deal. There's no equipment with them, so you are basically paying $150 for 2 used 50g tanks and an ill fitting stand. Look at the bottom tank on the stand, how would you even access it or put lighting and stuff in it? I say pass on this one.

Woo Hoo! daileene is looking for a big tank! :D

It always seems like when I want a specific tank size, then I can't find it on CL. lol I'm not one who cares about getting filters, etc with a used tank because I am particular and prefer certain brands but you should be able to find a used 50 gal/stand for less then that $150. I paid $125 for mine and it came with a solid oak stand plus T5 lighting. The 50 gal is a great size, IMO...not to large and not too small! Keep looking, hopefully you will find something that works for you! :)

Woo Hoo! daileene is looking for a big tank! :D

It always seems like when I want a specific tank size, then I can't find it on CL. lol I'm not one who cares about getting filters, etc with a used tank because I am particular and prefer certain brands but you should be able to find a used 50 gal/stand for less then that $150. I paid $125 for mine and it came with a solid oak stand plus T5 lighting. The 50 gal is a great size, IMO...not to large and not too small! Keep looking, hopefully you will find something that works for you! :)

i know i was ecstatic when i saw it coz there are 2 of them with a stand....:D

Hey Daileene, I know you still got MTS because your 2 tanks are now 4, lol. But, if you get one large tank such as a 75 gallon or larger, you will find it more rewarding. Then put your efforts into a high tech setup.

i know i was ecstatic when i saw it coz there are 2 of them with a stand....:D

Well, I always go by the $1 per gallon rule. I will not pay more then that for a used tank (especially since Petco and Petsmart have their periodic $1 sales). You're getting two tanks there, so that's a plus but the stand doesn't look that great. You wouldn't want one that is ill-fitting or unstable and that one looks to be too large and awkward for the tanks in question.

I look at craigslist everyday. In my area, I think that would be a bad deal. I have seen better deals. You just have to wait and check everyday. I look for complete tanks that come with filter and light. I don't mind if its missing a heater or stand though.

Hey Daileene, I know you still got MTS because your 2 tanks are now 4, lol. But, if you get one large tank such as a 75 gallon or larger, you will find it more rewarding. Then put your efforts into a high tech setup.

I know...LOL. I was thinking that if I will get the 20G or 50G at least I will give up one or two of my smaller tanks...but that is if I can get a really good deal. :)

Well, I always go by the $1 per gallon rule. I will not pay more then that for a used tank (especially since Petco and Petsmart have their periodic $1 sales). You're getting two tanks there, so that's a plus but the stand doesn't look that great. You wouldn't want one that is ill-fitting or unstable and that one looks to be too large and awkward for the tanks in question.

I did remember that $1 per gallon deal. You are right about the stand too, it does look bulky and awkward. Thanks dear!

Agreed with Alisha and Jet A. This is not a good deal.

Thanks fort. I am happy I got good advices here. :)

I look at craigslist everyday. In my area, I think that would be a bad deal. I have seen better deals. You just have to wait and check everyday. I look for complete tanks that come with filter and light. I don't mind if its missing a heater or stand though.

Hi terrance, i will definitely check for more good deals. I don't mind not having a stand myself since I have big bureaus I can put them in. But yeah, the other extras I want to be included. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom