Is this a good plan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boogety48

Aquarium Advice Freak
My family is getting ready to move. I have 5 tanks I have to get to the new house, all have fish in them. My plan is to drain the tank of most the water (enough to be able to carry it) and put my fish in a bucket. I'm only moving about a mile away so I don't think I have to worry about filters or anything in the bucket as long as we do the move pretty fast. Will this work or is there something I'm leaving out? I don't want to lose any fish.

If you're only moving a mile away you probably should be fine. You obviously couldn't have it running while actually moving, but I would suggest running an air stone in the bucket as long as you can to make sure there is enough oxygen.

The move was a success. I had no damages or deaths. Moving the tanks around with water in them make me realize how dirty they were lol. I left my crayfish in his tank and just drained it down to where we could carry it and he was covered. His water looked like dirty river water, he was loving it.

Back
Top Bottom