Is this a good tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow-dagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
M at my uncles house and this is his fish tank

image-3160859632.jpg

image-1422429519.jpg

image-630194336.jpg

Attachments

• image-3868118473.jpg
    image-3868118473.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 86
For you or in general cause if it a question of how it looks I would say it needs some help.

Is it really that cloudy? Or is it just the way the pics look. Also is the water level that low for a reason? The fish from what I can see of them look ok. I am no expert for sure but if it is really that cloudy I would check the levels. It is it a new setup that is still cycling.

Stewie4me said:
Is it really that cloudy? Or is it just the way the pics look. Also is the water level that low for a reason? The fish from what I can see of them look ok. I am no expert for sure but if it is really that cloudy I would check the levels. It is it a new setup that is still cycling.

It's a lil green on the sides but he has a lot of set ups

image-4230272241.jpg

image-486117706.jpg

I don't know y but his fish are active

image-228867300.jpg

I am guessing that he keeps the water level thar low because he has no hood on the tank. Does he have a Pleco or algae eater of any kind. If it is green they would have a feast. Has he done a water change lately? I do a 25% change every Sat. His setup looks good just looks like the tank needs a little tlc.

Stewie4me said:
I am guessing that he keeps the water level thar low because he has no hood on the tank. Does he have a Pleco or algae eater of any kind. If it is green they would have a feast. Has he done a water change lately? I do a 25% change every Sat. His setup looks good just looks like the tank needs a little tlc.

image-2134237836.jpg

He give them aglow wafers they eat some but leave it there does left over wafers do that

Maybe he is giving them too many. I give mine one every few days.

How many live plants are in there and what size is the tank?

It's really hard to say without more info. The pix are also pretty fuzzy so it's hard to peg details that may help more.

It looks like he has some opaline or blue gouramis which may or may not be suitable for that tank. They get to be about 6 inches at can be aggresive, if there are 3 in that tank(which I think is what I spotted) there may be some aggression issues down the road if they are not mature yet.

The water level is a bit low which may have a reason(because there is no top perhaps) but this also means that he's taking a tank that is X gallons and making it even smaller. It may not have enough water volume to support these fish. Without knowing the size of the tank it's hard to say if these fish are suitable for the tank either

I don't recognize the filter so can't say if it's suitable or not either.

Seems like thats a bubble blower on what It hink is a windowsill. Which really isn't needed. No harm in having it but gourami can breath from the surface and with a water level that low there is a lot of surface agitation anyways. Again it's no issue to have it.

Personally I would say no. It seems like a bit of a mash of decor in there and it's just doesn't seem like a great set up. Though again without knowing more details like what filtration he's running, what exactly is in the tank and the size even it's hard to say for sure

Stewie4me said:
How many live plants are in there and what size is the tank?

There all fake and it a 17 gallon and I found out he does have a algae eater way at the back and he has 3 of those silver fish I can't show the pic of the algae eater it's to dark I have a iPod touch its pis quality is not good in dark

tamtam said:
It's really hard to say without more info. The pix are also pretty fuzzy so it's hard to peg details that may help more.

It looks like he has some opaline or blue gouramis which may or may not be suitable for that tank. They get to be about 6 inches at can be aggresive, if there are 3 in that tank(which I think is what I spotted) there may be some aggression issues down the road if they are not mature yet.

The water level is a bit low which may have a reason(because there is no top perhaps) but this also means that he's taking a tank that is X gallons and making it even smaller. It may not have enough water volume to support these fish. Without knowing the size of the tank it's hard to say if these fish are suitable for the tank either

I don't recognize the filter so can't say if it's suitable or not either.

Seems like thats a bubble blower on what It hink is a windowsill. Which really isn't needed. No harm in having it but gourami can breath from the surface and with a water level that low there is a lot of surface agitation anyways. Again it's no issue to have it.

Personally I would say no. It seems like a bit of a mash of decor in there and it's just doesn't seem like a great set up. Though again without knowing more details like what filtration he's running, what exactly is in the tank and the size even it's hard to say for sure

Yea my iPod touch isn't that good because it's dark

If he has an algae eater and it is still green on the sides the algae eater can't keep up with it. Does he have a tank brush? I would check the water quality and add more water unless he had it low because the fish are jumpers and he has no hood.

Stewie4me said:
If he has an algae eater and it is still green on the sides the algae eater can't keep up with it. Does he have a tank brush? I would check the water quality and add more water unless he had it low because the fish are jumpers and he has no hood.

K I'll tell him

Back
Top Bottom