Is this a problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heck09

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I woke up this morning and my tank water got extremely cloudy overnight, the only other time I have seen this is the bacteria bloom when I cycled, I already did a 50% wc and I'm testing water now, any ideas on what could have caused this? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418486773.957443.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Excess nutrients can cause them.nwhat are your water parameters

Fishobsessed7

Excess nutrients can cause them.nwhat are your water parameters

Fishobsessed7

Ph- 7.0 ammonia- 0ppm nitrite -0ppm nitrate looks between 0 and 5 so seems good to me?

Hmm... I don't know then. Hopefully someone more eerie cdd with this will chime in. Have you done anything to the tank lately?

Fishobsessed7

Added two veil angels yesterday ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418492263.820101.jpg and that's what it looked like last night at about 9 so idk how this happened in 12 hours

Your Tank

Hello Heck...

If the tank hasn't been running long, then the fish, plants (if you have them) and the water are still working to settle the tank. The process takes time. Substrate can also give off small particles to cloud the water.

You're wise to change a lot of water and change it weekly. This will help as will a good filter medium. Acurel and HBH have good products for maintaining good water clarity. Their filter products are cut to fit. These may help if they'll fit into your filtration equipment.

Keep up the water changes.

B

It's been running for six months and I change the water 25% twice a week but I'll look into those products

I recently had a similar problem. What is your pH and KH. I had a pH/KH crash the exact same time this happened. I did pwcs every other day, but the only one that helped was one where I did 75%. The next day the water was clearer, and then the day after, crystal clear, even more so then before. As too what caused either the pH crash or the cloudiness, or even whether the to are correlated, I am clueless.

My ph is right at 7.0 idk about hardness my test kit didn't come with a test for that

Did you add any new decorations or move anything around? Also, are any fish missing? I had a large snail die in a bundle of hornwort and it sat there for a while, which caused my water to cloud, but my Nitrites also went up.

No fish missing and no new decorations, thanks for the reply though

Back
Top Bottom