Is this a prolapse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
My balloon Molly, Elizabeth, had babies today. (At least I think it was her--not positive). Anyway, she looks like she might have a prolapse (?) I will post a pic. Is there anything I can do for her? I don't want her to suffer. She's acting normally. Thanks!

Elizabeth prolapse..jpg

I was just chatting to a colleague at work who has a lovely species only tank full of balloon mollies and last year one of his got a small prolapse which self resolved within 24 hours, but he says his other 3 that had uterine prolapse died - he removed all three from main tank and still isn't sure if it was the right decision.

I have 5 lye tail mollies and definitely 3, maybe even 4 are pregnant - I will keep an eye out for things like this! The male molly is definitely working overtime by the look of the ladies :O

Well, she died overnight. She only had the prolapse for two days, and didn't look to be suffering. So it must have been uterine prolapse. Oh, the sacrifice she made to have babies! I feel bad.

Back
Top Bottom