Is this a Yellow Wagtail Platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sinuhe

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, I finally got a picture to make it easier for you to tell the name of my Platy variety :lol:. This is the biggest one of the 3, a male, still not grown-up. Is it a Yellow Wagtail, or something else? (No, he hasn't got a swim bladder disease, he's just always looking for treats in the gravel :lol:)

LAUR1622CustomImage0098407.jpg

LAUR1622CustomImage0081967.jpg

Thank you, both! I can now sleep at night, knowing what fish I have :lol:. I'm such a geek :oops:

Sinuhe your writing skills and english are not only good but exceed most americans! So what can we contribute this to? Are you actually an American or Brit or does Finland have better english classes than the English speaking countries?.

Finnish is a very difficult language to us considering its sentence structure and sounds do not correlate to english like we would like them to.

That is a really cool-looking platy! They sure didn't have those at my LFS. Glad you finally know what fish you have :)

Scottw68TN said:
Sinuhe your writing skills and english are not only good but exceed most americans! So what can we contribute this to? Are you actually an American or Brit or does Finland have better english classes than the English speaking countries?.

Finnish is a very difficult language to us considering its sentence structure and sounds do not correlate to english like we would like them to.
Thank you :oops:. Finnish is my first language, but I've been exposed to English since I was a little kid. Went to an English kindergarten since age 3 (didn't actually learn much there, tho, but maybe the exposure to the language did something). In school, I started studying English since age 9, and did it for the next 9 years. But school alone would not have made me good at English. I read a lot of English magazines and books, talk to people online in English daily, plus my boyfriend is American. Yes, Finnish is very different from English, or any other, better-known languages. I feel sorry for the people who have to learn it as grown-ups :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom