Is this bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha.. I also often go to the lfs and have to remind myself not to buy any more fish or plants... but sometimes the temptation is too great... :lol:

hehehee... I just went again earlier... and I brought a small tank plus another 15 shrimps.....

TomK2 said:
Hmmm. Blow up furniture. If its transparent you could fill it with water................

I think I have a problem. I read this and started to think about how to do gas exchange and how would you filter it.

Rich always has to be the voice of reason, doesn't he. :D And how would you put fish in it unless you only bought fry?

You could rig a canister filter with a one way valuve to allow air to be pumped into the outflow, then in the chair you put a pressure sensitive valve, to release air when the air pressure built up, and of course you would need a water sensitvie valve to close for water but not air. Of prehapes you could rig up somthign with a breather bag extension to this chair.

Oh a fun way to add fish to the aquarium. Turn off your canister, then put the fish in the outflow valve with the water off of course. Hook the canister all up, turn it on and open the valves! Its like using a cannon to shoot a fish into the tank!

They have aquarium toilets, why not an aquarium chair. :) That idea sounds like fun.

The owner of my favorite store says they are going to have to charge me rent. I tease him back saying, "hey at least I keep buying stuff." Last time I was there he said "see you tomorrow"

lyquidphyre said:
It's called MTS (no, not the snails)... we know it as Multi-Tank Syndrome. I know that I have it!

Its when you have a tank... and you realize you could fit another one on that desk over there... but it won't house this one fish... so you buy a bigger tank that you can put in the other room... but then that big fish isn't compatible with that other big fish you saw at the LFS... so you buy another BIGGER tank so accomidate that. And then, you have $50 extra bucks to buy this small tank on ebay, because you've always wanted a betta.. but then you can't keep a fiddler crab with the betta... so you buy another smaller tank to house that...

And then, you realize, wow, I have a lot of extra room in my backyard for a pond.... and that wall would be perfect for an in wall aquarium...

It's normal... well.. I use that term loosely.

hahahahahahahaha
I'm right there man!!!

JodiMartin2003 said:
I was given a 55g a few months ago. Thus the MTS has begun. Then my boyfriends little bro gave me his betta and the poor little guy was in a 1g so then I had to buy a 10g. My friend is supposed to be giving me another 10g and my boyfriends boss is talking about letting him work in her barn for a 160g. If we do that, we are going to be getting rid of furniture LOL. Where does it end? Do you just buy a bigger house or what? LOL

I've gotten rid of all the furniture we can spare and am now looking for a bigger house. Oh and I have 6 cats as well. :lol:

and i def go the LFS when I'm bored and i have nothing to do and just look at all the cool fish .... i think the owners think I'm wierd sometimes but o well

ROFLMAO.......I put my tank in layaway the first part of December. I didn't set it up until March so, like you, I went to the fish store a lot to just look. I'd stand around for about an hour... :oops: It got to the point where I knew who worked what hours/days and I would avoid those times as to not look like a weirdo to the same employees. I bet they all talked about me behind my back. :lol:
I'd rotate stores on my days off and even drive 3 hours round trip to go to other stores .

So......you aren't a weirdo......or we all are weirdos!!!

And MTS doesn't just affect your buying tanks. Just look at me, I bought a Nikon D70s Digital SLR camera with 2 lenses just to take pictures of my tanks and fish, and a 3rd to take pics out in the countryside (600-2000mm lens). LOL.
yeah tell me about it. seeing all your guys' pictures makes me want an awesome digital camera now LOL! my current one takes pretty good ones, but it's a pain to get a good shot...i guess the best i can do are just the ones that are in my gallery now

I just bought a 10 gal aqurium about 5-6 weeks ago, it finished cycling just last week and already I plan on getting at least a 30 gal in the summer, my parents asked me what I wanted for a grad present, I said a car they laughed, then I said or a 50 gal tank 8) . I'm addicted, my gf went to the library and signed out all these fish books for me...trust me I'm not a reader but I'm always looking in them and dreaming about what fish to get. I got some java moss and fern and I think real aquarium plants make tanks look amazing. They're out of watersprite at the store :( and I plan on getting some driftwood. Once you think you got everything you need, there's just more to add to the excitement. I have some pretty basic fish 3 mollies, 2 balloon 1 dalmation and 2 bronze cory cats. I think I'd like to go cichlid after getting some basic experience althought I don't know anything on changing pH levels. There's some nice rasboras out there and gouramis though...

I f****** love going to the lfs, theres this one place Fish Gallery, it's name is literal. I could spend hours there looking but my gf makes me snap out of my trance.

What can i say, I've been bitten BAD. I got a 10gal, 15gal,2 x 50gals,2 x 75gals, 100gal and a 240 gal. most take up the best part of my lounge room, 1 outside and 1 at work!
Looking for a pond at the moment!!!

My other have works at a fish shop, great discounts. BUT EVERY SPARE BLOODY DOLLAR GOES ON FISH RELATED ITEMS. I love it!! :)
We currently have 8 ferrets and a dog aswell.
I said NO KIDS cause we got enough. LOL

PsiPro said:
You could rig a canister filter with a one way valuve to allow air to be pumped into the outflow, then in the chair you put a pressure sensitive valve, to release air when the air pressure built up, and of course you would need a water sensitvie valve to close for water but not air. Of prehapes you could rig up somthign with a breather bag extension to this chair.

Oh a fun way to add fish to the aquarium. Turn off your canister, then put the fish in the outflow valve with the water off of course. Hook the canister all up, turn it on and open the valves! Its like using a cannon to shoot a fish into the tank!

They have aquarium toilets, why not an aquarium chair. :) That idea sounds like fun.

Holy Cow!!! You guys are worse off than I thought. It must be an epidemic. I am calling the CDC as we speak. EVERYBODY RUN!!!!!!!!!

Wow some of you out there are way worse than me ... i can only hope someday that i am half of what you guys are :) .... but i went to the LFS to get my girlfriend a new betta and i was looking at 10 gals and 5 1/2 gals just thinking of where i can put them in my room or in my frat house at school and what could go in them ... but ive since decided not to put any tanks at my frat house cause it seems everything i take there eventually gets broken :(

Ray

I didn't catch MTS quite as badly as trotty, but I do keep 3 55 gallon tanks (2 with fish and 1 with turtles), a 20 gallon, a 29 gallon, a 30 gallon long, and a 5 gallon. I also have a 10 gallon running but empty (uhhh.... maybe multies after the move), and in storage I have another 10 gallon, another 30 gallon long, and a 30 gallon hexagon. My LFS knows me by name.

Yikes!!!

ROFLOL! i just read that idea of the chair, i must have missed that before :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously, we all have this problem, and in my opinion, it's all worth it as long as waste the least amount of money. my problem is i've wasted some cash on either stuff i didn't need, or fish that turned up missing or dead.

that's where it sucks! other than that, it's extremely rewarding

You guys are so funny!!!

I bought a 1 gallon for my Beta, Then bought a 3 gallon and put him in there instead, bigger is better right? :)

I got a 30 gal for Mothers Day from my BF. I have been going crazy since.. He of course set it all up but he is NOT allowed to touch it or do anything now.. I'm so anal about my fish!! I cater to their every need... They get treated as good as the dog and kid LOL. I've added so many cool hiding spots, plants, tubes for the black ghost knife and now I'm getting a bigger tank... I didn't do any research when I bought my betta and NEVER expected to get more fish or get into this "Hobby" but since he bought me that fish tank, I went to the Petsmart and picked up some fish... THEN started reading like CRAZY and discoverd they are going to get HUGE!!!!!!!!

Of course you know I need a bigger tank ;) now... Where else would I put my Bala Sharks and BGK???? (Insert Big Smile HERE) HA HA HA!

Back
Top Bottom