is this harmful to my other fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cichlid Kid said:
No Fightingfish that's not the correct answer.
Please do not release it into the wild. There are way to many invasive species out there already and that is exactly how most of them came about.

Exactly! Never ever release any animal OR plant into the wild

It's a prawn. The abdomen arches after the thorax and it lacks the cervical groove crayfish have. I don't remember if any prawns have assymetrical claws naturally, but some species may. More likely it lost the smaller claw at one time and it has not regenerated to full size yet. I have no idea what species it is.

It probly won't hesitate to eat smaller tankmates. Some species get really large; as in one individual can make a good meal for a person large. Yer best bet is movin' it to another tank.

WYite

It is a true shrimp (a member of the Caridea), though there's nothing wrong with calling it a prawn (there's no hard-and-fast difference).

It looks like Macrobrachium scabriculum, though it might not be that species precisely ... large dominant male of a South or SE Asian Macrobrachium for sure. Will probably try to catch fish.

Does it regrow limbs?

Yes, though it might take a few molts for the limb to reattain original size. Decapods generally are pretty good regenerators.

Macrobrachium can be real characters, best of luck with this guy.

Thank u very much! Massive help I was worried it seemed to have pulled one of its large claw arms off

Back
Top Bottom