Is this overstocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zebra or pearl
Here's my kinda new list. Just small changes.

5 zebra or pearl danios
1 male sword tail,*3 females (red)
8 cories (possibly elegant)
2 angels
2 honey or pearl gouramis (male, female or female, female)
8 rummynose tetras
i would go with pearl over zebras. i would stick with the cories over the pleco also.

Cories and Plecos serve totally different purposes IMO.

One is a scavenger and one eats algae. Personally I would get a school of Cories AND one of the smaller Plecos.

I don't have any experience with Angels myself, but I suspect the Rummynoses would end up being an expensive meal eventually?

Cories and Plecos serve totally different purposes IMO.

One is a scavenger and one eats algae. Personally I would get a school of Cories AND one of the smaller Plecos.

I don't have any experience with Angels myself, but I suspect the Rummynoses would end up being an expensive meal eventually?

Rummy nose tetras get 2.2 inches long. Angels usually eat Smaller tetras like neons. But yeah that's a good idea about getting a pleco too but I think I'll wait until it has some algae too eat.

If you want a better algae eater than a pleco get oto cats. The thing about plecos they can suck the slime coat off of fish even if they are well fed. I have a bristlenose, a rubberlip and a clown pleco. The rubberlip trys to suck slime coat off other fish and is much more aggressive than even the bristlenose. If I knew someone that wanted one they could come catch mine my rubberlip, they would only have to catch him.

Danios can be nippy, so watch them around the Angels fins.

I would have said the exact opposite. I have an angel that loves to eat guppies. I'm sure if I threw some danios in they would be gone by the end of the night.

I'd love to see a danio try to nip at my angel! :) LOL

Rummy nose tetras get 2.2 inches long. Angels usually eat Smaller tetras like neons. But yeah that's a good idea about getting a pleco too but I think I'll wait until it has some algae too eat.

I guess I've never seen adult Rummynoses. All of the ones at the pet stores are much smaller than neons. Maybe not in length, but definitely in diameter.

any suggestions on what pleco I should get? What about some inverts? BTW I decided on 6 khulis and 5 cories.

angels will eat shrimp so you prob want inverts go with snails...

I would have said the exact opposite. I have an angel that loves to eat guppies. I'm sure if I threw some danios in they would be gone by the end of the night.
why do you think i keep guppies with all my angels... lol nothing like the great night fry hunt.

Back
Top Bottom