Is this true????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
So I was having some problems with my water pressure coming out my output nozzle in my fluval 405.... I decided to call Hagen customer service and get some advice ... The female that help me stated that (the area highlighted in the pic)(the joining of the ribbed tube and the intake) needs to be under water as it's shown in the pic.. I had to put something under my fluval in order to get that extra hose for the joining to be submerged.... I've thought of this as an issue .... Is she feeding me nonsense or is this true???ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388542048.070431.jpg

Fishboy,
The service rep at Hagan is alluding to the fact that the joint between the ribbed hose and the rubber connector may not be airtight. Since it's on the intake side, if it was above the water it could suck air instead of water. I would think you would be able to hear it sucking air.
Sounds to me like she just gave you the box generic answer. LOL
Take care, OS.

Might not be what she's referring to, but I find that if that part of the intake on any filter is above water, the filter can take in air as well as water, reducing its effectiveness.

Ya its true on my fluval c3 the part where they connect has to be under water too.

I just got a canister filter and my water flow was very slow and it was because the intake was sucking in air at one of the joints, but the piece was to loose to be air tight, so I took apart the whole think and caulked all the joint and connecting spots and now it works perfectly

Back
Top Bottom