is this true about betta imbellis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betta splendens are the ones that will fight with each other. there are a ton of other bettas out there that just not common.

As long as you get consistent information you should be good, but be careful about wikipedia because anyone can just go on and edit that stuff. IMO your best bet is to check on here, like you did :D Lots of experts around here. Lol... so I am going to start counting every time you change your mind! :p haha

It's true. Wild type bettas can be housed together in pairs. I haven't kept imbellis, but HN1 and I have a pair of betta rutilans that live together all the time (male and female don't need to live separately like splendens). I'd be wary of keeping rutilans in a community due to their shy nature, but I'm not sure if the same would hold true for imbellis. Imbellis are quite a bit bigger than rutilans. :)

Betta splendens can live peacefully together. IME, as long as there's only one male and either one or 3+ females, you'll be fine. I have a male and three females in my 29g community at the moment. They don't bother anyone or each other.

No experience with any other betta species, but I felt the need to stick up for the splendens.

Back
Top Bottom