Isn't this just wrong!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RabiedRooster

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just looking into thrying to find a suitable pico tank to experiment with and i found this(Below). I have never used chain stores before and i dont think i will after reading this. How can they get away with it. If other 'Cuter' animals were treated so badly surely there would be uproar. Just needed to get angry, apologies:bad-words:

RR

''My First Fish Tank by P*** at H*** (uk) is a great introduction to fishkeeping, and pet keeping in general, for young children.

The Aquarium comes with colourful gravel, an internal filter and tank lid for safety and well being of your fish.

My First Fish Tank comes with interchangeable background designs and fun stickers for decorating and labelling your tank.

Just add tap water conditioner, filter bacteria and water, and the tank is ready to house a goldfish.

My First Fish Tank is recommended for children three years old and over and includes full instructions

Approximate Dimensions (Product):

H22.5 x W20 x D24.5cm.'' (2.9 us gallons)

Typical.

The pet trade industry and most retailers are sleazy IMO.

Cuter animals? What? You mean like this:

Hey kids! Want a dog of your own? Well, what about this!?!

My Very First Dog Kit:
comes with -A large pitbull (**notgoodwithkids, parentspleasesupervise), 1ftx1ftx1ft cage, and a squishy toy for him to play with!! Sound fun!

Ugh. Goldfish were definitely something I WAITED to get. They're hardly little chicas, but 3 year olds? A 3 gallon tank? I feel sorry for the parents who buy their kids this and have to hear wails of agony: "Goldie DIED?!!! WHYY!???".

:(

Oh. My gosh. I really don't even have anything to say to that tank.

Omg! That's awful! Oh, and by the way, never by fish from those stores. We get our dried goods from them, but every time we bought fish from them at least one was dead within an hour of putting them in our tank. Took me ages to figure out that it wasn't our fault that they were dying. Now I've got more experience, I can pick out ill and unhappy fish.
I was in that shop today, and in every tank there was at least one vertical fish. The goldfish were mostly motionless at the bottom of the tank, or upside down at the top of the tank, their guppies all have ragged nipped tails, and they'd even managed to kill their snails!!
If they can't take care of their fish for the few weeks that they have them in those tanks, we can't really expect them to know that the tank you have seen is completely ridiculous!!

its really never going to change you just basicly need to accept it and boycott them completely .. pay 3 dollars extra and go to fish specific store.

and you guys think the fish are bad i have been banned from the local pet dumb for telling someone not to buy a "pixie frog" ... awwe look at the cute little pixie frog untill hes massive and has teeth

What really irritates me about them is that their motto is "where pets come first."
I always get my fish from a lovely privately run shop now, but still have to get food, meds and decorations from there because there is nowhere else to get it.

its really never going to change you just basicly need to accept it and boycott them completely .. pay 3 dollars extra and go to fish specific store.

and you guys think the fish are bad i have been banned from the local pet dumb for telling someone not to buy a "pixie frog" ... awwe look at the cute little pixie frog untill hes massive and has teeth

HAHAHA! :D :gangsta:

Back
Top Bottom