Issues with water changer temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok guys I have a lee water changer. I'm having issues with my water temp( I'm blame tx 108d) anywho... My cichlid tank went from 76/78 to 80/82 and my goldfish from about 70 to 78ish.... Any advice? I really don't wanna use buckets. I did run really hot water through the hose to begin with so idk if that just warmed the water but it's typically around 80 out of tap. I use buckets and ice for my 10gs to get the temp closer. My tanks all run 74/76/78
Cept for the GF of course :) any advice?? Is this just normal during summer!?? I really can't use buckets for 3) 55g and 4 smaller tanks as well ...

If the water is that warm out of the tap, perhaps you could fill one of your buckets with some ice water, run the line for your water changer through that and cool the water enough on the way to the tank? My only fear would be the accuracy of doing it that way.

Glad I don't have to deal with that, my tank is in my basement, and I can get the water temp within a couple degrees from my bathroom sink.

Back
Top Bottom