It is INSANE.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG, if I had a tank that size............................ It's like rubbing a magic lamp and waiting for the Jeannie (notice the spelling). :p :D :D :D

i'm with oscarbreeder....set up the 2500gal as a marine tank and swim in it. you'd never have to take another vacation to the ocean! throw in a huge wave maker and some sand on the basement floor...you're set!

ugh..now i'm thinking about expanding the plans for my 85 gal again. it seems like a drop in a cup compared to 2500...

Arrowana!!! A whole bloody school of them!

Personally I'd have to consider an indoor swimming pool for myself!

I think he should look into freshwater stingrays for one of the "smaller :roll: " tanks. I remember a recent thread asking after those and they seem really cool. My lfs has one for $45 right now - wish I had room enough.

arowanas in the 2500 gal tank isn't a good idea since they're really good jumpers, and i don't think theres a cover over that huge tank 8O althought it would be really cool. If you're making it into a marine, throw in some stingrays in there and puffers, or maybe even octopuses.

I am now looking at my basement in a whole new way......
I was thinking small ..phagh..a measly 170+ down there? I could have a custom in half the room and still have the dojo! :p

My daughter wanted a pond in the arboreaum we want to attach to our house for the bird in a couple years.

I think that is way biiiiiger than my grandpa's big marine tank was!
His was maybe 10ft by 5 ft by 5ft (long as the wall could have been as long as 15, tall as a small adult and deep as a 8year old is tall is what I remember).

Though he did convert his olympic pool into a murky biotope for S. American monsters. :roll:

Are you getting ideas for your friend, or do they have an idea of what they want? I am assuming the cost of running these systems is taken into account, because I can't imagine the electric bill! Water changes alone would really cost you, too. Maybe set it up as a community aquarium and charge admission to cover the expenses!

Couldn't a Reverse osmosis system clean the water to purity?

Just use it as the tank filter.. o_O

several of them. o_o;

Maybe that is how you would do it for a setup like that. Even so..... quite an endeavor. I think I like the idea of a marine setup, and go swimmin' in there!

Back
Top Bottom