It's BLUE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheridonia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My fish have ich. Yep. Lovely right? Got my pH to a norm. Wake up to this. Crap. Called the pet store that is super super helpful told me to get this product called ick guard. Okie dokie. Follow the directions, and I wasn't quite paying attention to the syringe I was using and squirted the guard in and my children exclaim from behind me, it's BLUE! Hahahaha
Does anyone know how long until the color wears off?Image1490814216.595936.jpg

Also, it says to take the filter cartridge out. If I bought a spare, can I put the filter back in or is it really necessary to keep it out?

I've never used that product, so can't say how long the color lasts.

I think they usually tell you to take the filter out because some types of filters use activated carbon, which will pull the medication out of the water before it can do its job.

Yes I got told pull to pull out filter too but didn't end up actually using the product so not sure how long it will last

Only take out any carbon, not your filter media, or you'll crash your tank and have even more issues.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i've never used that product, but i've used fungus medicine that turns the tank a bright bright green. it starts to go away once you put the filter cartridge back in and do some water changes. it doesn't last that long, thankfully

Back
Top Bottom