its stocking time :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakedalab

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hiya welp the 55 is good to go and started adding my new finned friends. At the moment I have a rather large blue gourami aka Duke. And a school of zebra danios that refuse to sit still long enough to be named. But I still feel I have lots of room for more fish. I just don't know what I want to put with them. Any ideas y'all?

Ten of them. I like larger schools so some more are sure to come. I got Duke the gourami because I had heard that some schooling fish wont school without a larger fish to coax it out of them.

Well what kinds do you like? Emerald corys are cool and if I recall get to be 3”. I have julii's they get 2.5”, peppered corys are cool, 3” too. Really its up to you, in a 55 you could do whatever you wanted cory wise, these are just off the top of my head, google corys and look at pictures til you see what kind you want:)

Hi there,

What about rainbowfish? Theres a lot of different kinds you can look into including praecox, threadfin, furcata, Gertrude, etc. Harlequin rasboras and cardinal tetras are very cool too :)

I'd be interested in rainbows but I live in Casper WY and as far as I know we only have one lfs (PETCO) or there's always Walmart yuck. But ill do some checking and see if they carry or if they will order them for me.

Back
Top Bottom