I've been offered a 55 gal cheap what should I stock ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyfriends3

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Title says it all really. My mate has offered me his 55 gallon tank cheap as he doesn't have time for the hobby any more. What should I keep in it ? Any recommendations.

A 55 is a very nice size. Imho tank is incomplete without a small school of corydoras. I also like my bristlenose pleco a lot. Rest is up to you )

Title says it all really. My mate has offered me his 55 gallon tank cheap as he doesn't have time for the hobby any more. What should I keep in it ? Any recommendations.

All nano fish!!!! 20 pygmy cories, 10 scarlet badis, 20 celestial pearl danios, 20 ottos, and tons of red cherries!

I would do 3-5 Denison barbs. They are a great fish!! Check them out!

Lot of choices.... What interest you more ? Cichlids ? Nano schools like tetras ? Do you like shrimps ? Do you want to go into planted tank ? Maybe you'll like one big fish like a tinfoil barb ?

You buy a tiny tinfoil bard, and 2 years after you can sell it lot more than you initially paid. It become huge big over time... The cons is you'll not be able to keep it more than 2-3 years in a 55 gallon.

I've already got a well established planted tank, you may just about make it out in the sidebar if you use your phone to access this site ( very small photo) My other tank is in the cycling process and has been set up for african rift lake cichlids. I'm open to suggestions.

You could always have a tank full of really unique looking fish

For sure you'll love your fish. At this moment you'll have some options, buy it a bigger home, or sell it. Maybe that's not you want to do, then stick with fishs that won't outgrow your aquarium volume ?

How about a nice rainbow fish tank?

This is a good idea. You could do something like boesemani or turquoise rainbows, or if you want greater numbers of smaller fish, check out threadfin rainbows and the genus Pseudomugil.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Rainbows are nice, I'm doing dwarf rainbows in my tank. Always out in the open and moving around

Back
Top Bottom