Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Jaguar Cat info

Hi All. I was wondering if anyone had experience with jaguar catfish Liosomadoras oncinus? I bought one about a month ago to add to my collection but I must confess that the only information that I looked up was the water parameters it needed and what it ate. I've been looking for more info on this jaguar but I haven't found any. All he does is hide under rocks or in a cave but mainly under rocks. Sometimes he won't move for days he just stays in the same position and place which makes me wonder if he is alive or not. I did learn on my own that he doesn't like bright light because I would use a flashlight to see if he was alive or dead and that would make him move. If any one has had experience with this fish I would appreciate any all help
Thanks
Ed

Old 04-07-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

They're nocturnal fish, so you can expect it to stay in one place all day long. Most likely very active at night, then back to the same spot before you look again...

Old 04-07-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I don't have any experience with them myself, but it appears that they are an attractive fish. The following links will give you the information you are looking for.

Seriously Fish
Planet Catfish
plecoking.blogspot
Old 04-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks

Thanks for the info. It is a cool looking catfish, thats why I bought it thinking it would be nice to see him swimming around the tank.

So this fish will come out at night and roam the tank and then return to the same place everytime?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks Shadowraven, I looked at these links and they did provide more info on the Jaguar. I looks like I might have to get him a mate as well. I was really worried that this little fellow wasn't eating but I've noticed that in the morning the bottom of my tank looks pretty clean as if I just cleaned the gravel. From what I read it looks like the Jaguar is doing the cleaning nightly. And I was worried that this fish was not eating.

Thanks all

Tags
catfish, freshwater, freshwater aquarium, help me

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com