Japanese trapdoor snails and goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kalikingsmoke

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone. Well Im having a issue. I have a 70 gallon tank with 4 goldfish and 6 Japanese trapdoor snails. I've had the snails for about a month now at first they were very active now they have all slowed down there always hidden away and just open halfway for air every now n then. I got some alge pellets for them but I've never noticed them eat them they seem to break up before the snail gets too it. My question is how do I know if they are getting enough food or are they starving? Are they close to dieing? Help please. I'm newer to all this.

Welcome to AA!!

I keep these guys with my goldfish as well as have quite a few in my pond. They are not very active snails and will go for days without moving inside. My pond guys are all over the place during the warmer months. My inside guys eat leftover veggies and sinking pellets but mainly work on the back of the tanks where I leave algae to grow for them. Hope this helps a bit!

Back
Top Bottom