Jason's 10 gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey,
So i had a 10 gal just sitting there and i decided to set it up. So i am! Now i had to buy some new lights for it (or mummy bought them for me :)) Now i ont have substrate yet i am going to go with sand. If i can find it black but if i cant then white.
I have some driftwood and im not doing live except for the sword and java fern thats in there. And i am filling it up tomorrow when i have time. You will notcie a little bit of gravel down the bottom it was old stuff!
And i got those awesome T5 lights
img_1179334_0_419193f420047eaca0349f10d6991cf5.jpg

My Dritfwood!
img_1179334_1_de3a930436b70f7e8198b1faf321296c.jpg

Tank notice the water level that is me being lazy :D
img_1179334_2_3c9cf65d8393ce0e125875f1c7bf2900.jpg

You'll never be as popular as Ziggy....;-). Just kidding, Jason. My threads aren't the most popular (even though I am in critical need of advice in my cycle thread), so I feel your pain

I like that driftwood! Go all live plants, come on!

I accepted this the moment i started this lol! What help do you need?

Check out my thread...I am not going to be at my apartment for like two or three days for T-Giving, so I can't dose ammonia daily. It was recommended to me that I go and get a raw shrimp to use as the ammonia source as an alternative to dosing. Makes sense to me but I am curious if there are other ways to go about it, such as if the cycle will truly crash if I skip a day or two of dosing.

Live plants are the way to go!

Just be sure to keep that fern wet. I lost several big leaves on my java fern when I moved because the plant was out of water for a little while.

I hope you're aware that amazon sword will be busting out of a 10g really quickly.

How about that plant in the background picture (Cryptocoryne balansae)? It's a nice one.

Live plants are the way to go!

Just be sure to keep that fern wet. I lost several big leaves on my java fern when I moved because the plant was out of water for a little while.

I hope you're aware that amazon sword will be busting out of a 10g really quickly.
Alright alright i will do live plants! Yeah its sumbmerged thats why i had a little water in the bottom
Hey Jason, dwarf amazon swords are available in Australia. They will work well in your tank.

What's on your wish list of plants? Check these links out. They have stuff that you have to wait and wait for at the LFS
Plants well i have my java and amazon (which i think is a dwarf) and a lot of ludwigia that i got out of my shrimp tank. I think i will put some spiral val in there

I dont think i could find that but i am going for black sand and will not stop till i get! (Or untill mum couldnt be bothered to drive me to the fish stores!)

Back
Top Bottom