Java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going to get some java moss in a week or so and was wondering if anyone had any tips about planting it or generally taking care of it

It's one of the easiest things to take care of, kinda like a Marimo ball.
As long as you have decent lighting it'll do well.
They do take a while to get established and start growing, but as long as it stays green your fine.

Oh also, make sure it's not too clumped up. You want all of it to be able to see some light. You don't have to seperate it into individual strands or anything, but make sure that its got a little room to breathe.

I don't think you want to bury the root crone to deep either. If its like Java fern.
?? correct me if I'm wrong Oohit.
Regards, OS.

I don't think you want to bury the root crone to deep either. If its like Java fern.
?? correct me if I'm wrong Oohit.
Regards, OS.

From what I've read it is like java fern thank for your info

It's one of the easiest things to take care of, kinda like a Marimo ball.
As long as you have decent lighting it'll do well.
They do take a while to get established and start growing, but as long as it stays green your fine.

Oh also, make sure it's not too clumped up. You want all of it to be able to see some light. You don't have to seperate it into individual strands or anything, but make sure that its got a little room to breathe.

Thanks for responding this info definitely helps

Back
Top Bottom