Java moss what do people think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sidgolding

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking to add some green in my tank and have been java moss would be good? I know about it growing and stuff that's not a problem and having to split it every so often if it get to much but is it a good plant to have?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep, go for it! I love it. I have it tied to a couple pieces of driftwood and stones, looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Don't Sapose you have pic's? I would just like to see it in a established tank?

Define "good"? You should provide some pictures of your own so we can see if it fits the job :p (of your tank ofc)

Hi, this is a pic of the moss growing over the cave....needs a trim, but like it a bit bushy. Sorry about the reflection. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404024320.662027.jpg

That looks perfect. Do you ever have babies and do you know if the java moss is good for them to hide in?

I think it good more so for shrimp, I have guppy fry, but they seem to hide in the tall plants, like wisteria, or floating plants
It really is nice stuff, if trimmed, it will grow quite fast

Well I plan on getting corys as we'll and I've heard they like java. I'm not sure on shrimp though

No, i don't have shrimp either, but from reading various posts I believe that they love it!!
I'm hoping to get some once i set up my other tank, I won't have fish in there that will worry them too much (i hope) Cory's are a nice fish, what size tank have you got, what other fish will you have?

At the moment just mollies. As the tank has only been running about 3 months. And the are 4 adults and 4 babies. Looking to remove my male fish to stop the from breeding. I've heard a mixture about shrimps. I'm looking at a few fish in the tank to be honest it's 64L (uk) lol. I have a list. Will copy and paste

Dwarf gourami

Silver tips

Penguin tetras

Cardinal tetra

Corys

Flame tetra

Siamese fighter / male betta

Electric blue ram

Black phantom tetra

Black widow tetra

Ember tetra

Rummy nose tetra

Endler guppy males only

Female betta

This is the list of what I would like

If your tank stays around 80 degrees java moss will die. I have angels in my 29 gallon on the top floor of my house which stays the hottest. All of the java moss turned brown in a week. In my basement tank where it is cooler and i can control the temperature better it grows great. Generally most mosses grow best in a cooler temperature.

Back
Top Bottom