jebo light fixture question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
48 INCH JEBO HIGH COMPACT AQUARIUM LIGHT 130 WATTS
You are looking at a brand new jebo ODyssea compact light, odyssea will replace the older model which is called the Jebo.
The NEW Features of the JEBO Odyssea 48"
We guarantee all bulbs to arrive in good woking order
Detailed Description
FREE Gift include 2 x65 W bulb 50/50 & one set of flip top leg
Approx Fixture Size: 48 "L X 4"W X 1.5"H
sleek low profile aluminum housing
built-in reflector
external ballast with on/off switch
straight pin bulb configuration
acrylic lens cover

is it possible for me to replace these lights with different kelvin light bulbs?

48 inch JEBO HIGH COMPACT AQUARIUM LIGHT 260w VERSION 2
100% GUARANTEED BULBS, 2006 NEW MODEL WITH 3 CORDS
You are looking at a brand new jebo Odyssea compact light, odyssea will replace the older model which is called the Jebo.
We now GUARANTY all Bulbs will arrive in good working order, or we will send you replacements at no additional charge
NEW FEATURE- 3 POWER CORD, 1 FOR THE DAYLIGHT, 1 FOR ACTINIC BLUE, AND ONE FOR THE BLUE MOON LED, NOW YOU CAN ADD TIMER TO THIS LIGHT FIXTURE
The NEW Features of the JEBO Odyssea 48"
two 65W bulb 12000K DAYLIGHT & two 65W antinic BULB a total of 260W
COME WITH TWO BUILT IN FAN FOR
INCLUDE 1-PAIR OF FLIPABLE LIGHT LEGS
LIGHT BULBS COVERED WITH ACRYLIC SHIELD
THREE ON AND OFF SWITCHES FOR EACH SET OF BULBS
REFLECTORS FOR MORE REFRACTION INCLUDED
INCLUDE 4 MOONLIGHT LED NEW FEATURE
Fixture Size: 47"L x 7.5"W x 2.5"H

is it possible to replace with lower wpg bulbs of same sort, something like 130w total?

Can't go with lower wattage, no. But if you get the 260W with 3 separate cords, it also has 3 switches, and you can just use 1 bank if you want, 130W, and use the 2nd bank as a spare if a bulb goes out. I have that fixture and love them.

As for K rating, you can get 6400k, 12000k, 50/50, and actinic bulbs. Not sure if there's others for the 65W bulbs. I have mine as 2 6400k bulbs and 4 12000k bulbs in my tank, and 2 actinic.

I like your fixture alot and say I do get this one on ebay, as per I am not going with co2 I need to stick with less than double watts per gallon correct and if so, I would only use like you said one bank. would that be one bank, would that bank include 6400 and 12000 and actinic? how would that work? im asking to know what color this way of use will it give!

Each bank has 2 bulbs, one on the left side and one on the right. You'd want to keep them the same. You could do 6400k in one bank, and 12000k in the other and see which you like. Each bank is a row, from left to right, not front to back. So you could do 6400k bulbs in the rear bank, and the 12000k bulbs in the front bank. That way, when using just 1 bank, it's not yellow on one side of the tank and blue on the other.

Also, if you feel you need to go lower than 130W, then your only option would be 50/50 bulbs, which each bulb is half 12000k and half actinic. So that would lower your wattage to 65W total light.

And if going with 130W, and you want to add more blue, for the 2nd bank you can go actinics. It won't change your w/g. Will still be 130W using both banks.

So you do have some different options.

in other words, setting up my 75g no co2 plant tank this fixture and its option is just fine. thanks

Absolutely. And the other plus I didn't mention, it gives you the option later to upgrade to CO2 later on if you desire, and higher light, without having to buy another fixture. Can go from 1 bank to both banks if you so desire and run CO2. It's very flexable in it's options.

sold! dude this is so f@#$in funny, rena and jebo should hire you. I'm buying the xp3 cause of you input and how the light fixture lol, I'm searching on e$%y for it and it runs around 110 to 120 for plus shipping.

Back
Top Bottom