Jen's 6G Fluval Edge Build?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're MR11's. I got them from Amazon in the color white. They fit right into the existing socket, no rewiring or configuring at all. :)
Ahh... lucky you. The new tank I bought for my daughter is a 14g with a "standard" hood (two 15w tubular incandescents). I don't think there's enough space to even add CFL's, so no way to upgrade to fluorescent or LED without changing the whole hood. :(

How about a dwarf puffer?

Dario Dario with some shrimp, and a nerite snail would be nice too.

yeah we considered that, but it'd seem so empty and she's a tad afraid of caring for one right now, we also considered some scarlett badis but we couldn't find any near us, and so if we couldn't she decided she'd find small fish she liked and she'd order them.

she's found the fish she wants, and we're gonna get some RCS with them eventually, now just to wait for them to come in stock, and cycle her tank and the QT, fishless of course =]

I like your tank, but i liked even more with more plants as in your first picture, lol just my opinion.
I will suggest to go with the microrasboras, they will be happy in the 6G tank
And I read that HN1 and severumama are great in terms of shippingbgood quality fish

Updateee

Just an FYI for everyone, I'm kinda at a stand-still on my tank right now.
I found a website that sells the fish I want, but they're currently out of stock. And since I'll have to quarantine them for a month anyway, I'll just cycle my quarantine tank in the meantime THEN when they come back in stock I'll cycle my Edge while they're quarantining.
Not a whole lot I can do until then. I was thinking about doing planted, it's kind of scary, never having considered it before. It's a pretty steep learning curve.. So I'm just throwing that idea around.
What will probably end up happening is, if I end up choosing to go planted, I'll do that when we move at the beginning of June, since I'll have to apparently have to throw my sand out anyway? I'll then make it a dedicated setup. Good plant substrate, maybe tabs, dosing Excel and Trace?, definitely modding the lighting more. I don't really know a whole lot yet, so thats all pretty much just words, lol.
Regardless of anyyy of that junk, senior year is pretty busy, even after toning down my schedule. The crazy tank stuff will happen over summer when we move and i'll have to re-do the tank, ha. ;)
Just figured I'd let everybody know whats up.

OH! I remembered something!
-I'm getting a Hydor Mini Heater that can go under substrate. I'm putting it behind the filter so no heater for an eye-sore. :)
-I'm doing a mylar balloon "mod" on the inside of the hood. It helps reflect light, but mainly I'm doing it because I recently heard that the metal grill of the hood WILL rust, so that should help?
-And I forgot to coat my LEDs to prevent water damage, so I'll be doing that.
-I got a new standdd!! It's soooo pretty. The edge isn't on it now, but when we move it will be. :)

That's all everybody. Thanks for reading. Hopefully I'll be updating soon? :)

You can grow plants with sand.

To lessen the learning curve, I'd really recommend starting with lowlight plants. They do very well in small tanks and are much easier to grow when beginning.

Corey (iDreamInSaltwater) told me I'd have to throw out my sand after I moved, since I'd be taking down the tank.
He now says this might be wrong.. Lolzies.

About lowlight plants, what's the truth about HC? All I've heard is BS back and forth about if it's high or low light.

Back
Top Bottom