Jerk guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HokieProf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I have a guppy that's always harassing my balloon mollies. He's particularly aggressive toward the obvious alpha molly. I had hoped that he'd be less aggravating if I added more small fish. I now have 4 guppies in the tank and 2 platys. I think that's helped a bit, but he's still frequently aggravating my mollies. I don't have room for any more fish in my 20 gallon tank.

That being said, my betta recently died and I've decided to turn his 10 gallon into a community tank. I wanted to get a cool showcase fish for that tank with some tiny fish, but I'm wondering if I might be better off turning that into a guppy tank? Would my guppy behave better in a smaller tank with a school of 6 guppies and a snail or will that just make him aggravate the other guppies instead? Any guppy experts out there?20190709_155200.jpg

The only way I know of to handle male guppy aggression is to make sure there are more female guppies than males. This makes sure none of the females get harassed too much. You can do a male only guppy tank too.

The only way I know of to handle male guppy aggression is to make sure there are more female guppies than males. This makes sure none of the females get harassed too much. You can do a male only guppy tank too.
I've got all males. I probably just need to separate them from the mollies. He's such an aggravating little fish.

Back
Top Bottom